Thursday, October 04, 2007

Don't Let The Lingo Get You Down

So I'm taking this guy's order at the Mother of All Coffee Houses and he asks for a double espresso. "Okay," I say, "one doppio coming up." I look up from writing his order on his cup and I see this strange look of anger on his face.

HIM: What did you just call me?
ME (horrified!): Oh no, sir! That's what we call a double espresso. A doppio.
HIM: A dope?
ME: No, A DOPPIO... you know, it's Italian.
HIM: Whatever.

Ugh, what a DOPPIO!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Stories like these never get old! Too funny. I laughed when I went thru our drive-thru Starbucks yesterday and the lady working the window let go of my cash. It then proceeded to blow FAR away from my car window. She looked at me like it was my problem. I got out and ran my cash down. Hm, I didn't even get a free coffee out of the deal! What the heck!