Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Quotes from the Kid

We're trying to get Rory ready for bed and my kid, King of Procrastination, pulls the ever popular "I need a drink of water" excuse. So Hoby gets him a drink, and Rory sits down at his little table in the kitchen. He grabs something to "read", settles himself down in his chair, takes the tiniest sip of water and then smacks his lips like he just tasted some well-aged congnac.

"This," he says very seriously, "could take a WHILE."

I'd say we have our hands full...

1 comment:

- said...

I stumbled upon your blog while I was looking inspiration for being ordinary, and in the process fell in love with Rory. He reminds me so much of my nephew.

Btw, you and your child are far away from ordinary. When I think about how evil and nasty the world is becoming, specially the men of this world, mothers like you make me believe, that somewhere around the world, there will still be good men raised.

I hope he stays his sweet, kindhearted self his entire life.

Love and kisses to Rory all the way from Pakistan.

Saba