Thursday, February 16, 2006

Our Television Debut

Last night Rory and I were on the KTLA 10 o'clock news!

Here's how it happened:
We having dinner at this whole in the wall pizza place in Calabasas with our good friend Holley when a KTLA news van suddenly drives up and this reporter and his cameraman pop out and start heading our way. This first thing he says to us is "Hey, are you smokers?" and we all sort of look at him like he's crazy so he's says, "Well, have you heard about the new law that they are trying to pass tonight in Calabasas that would ban smoking public? So even if you were just walking down the street and you wanted to light up, you couldn't. What do you think of that?" and then the camera light shined in my eyes and the guy stuck a microphone in my face and I was like, oh shit, think of something interesting to say, QUICK!

So here's what I said:
"Well, I would like to think that we still live in a society where people are courteous enough to each other that we wouldn't need a strict law like that. If someone is smoking near my child, I would hope that I could ask them to move and they would. I think this law is going a bit overboard. It would certainly be a different world, but I think it's too strict. Definitely too strict."

Not bad for having to think on my feet, eh? I was pretty proud of myself!

Now here's what they actually put on the news:
"It would certainly be a different world, but I think it's too strict. Definitely too strict."

Oh well, at least Rory and I LOOKED good!

No comments: