Monday, November 06, 2006

Yes, You ARE at Starbucks

Yesterday, this woman came into Starbucks with the kind of attitude where she thinks that people who work behind counters are obviously beneath her and she orders a Caramel Ice Blended. Okay, at Starbucks we call them Caramel Frappucinos (Ice Blendeds are a Coffee Bean thing) but no biggie, we baristas are used to this. So I called out "Caramel Frappucino" to the person making the drinks, which caused the following ridiculous conversation to take place between me and the Lady with a 'Tude:

Her: Excuse me, but I ordered a CARAMEL ICE BLENDED. I don't know what you just said, but that's not what I ordered.

Me: Yes, I know you want a Caramel Ice Blended. But we call them Caramel Frappucinos here.

She just glares at me and hands me her card. Her COFFEE BEAN card.

Me: Um, sorry, but I think you gave me the wrong card.

Her: So? It's for Coffee Bean. Same thing.

Me: Actually, it's not. Coffee Bean is our competitor.

Her: So you won't take it.

Me: Uh, NO.

Her: How ridiculous! I'm taking my business elsewhere!

ME: Super! Coffee Bean is just down the street...

Okay, so I didn't actually say that last line, but it sure was tempting.

Why are people who drink coffee such idiots?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What an airhead. Working with the public: I can't say I miss it much.

claire said...

when i worked at peets, we used to literally send people down the street to coffee bean when they ordered ice blendeds.

because we didn't make anything similar. i would point, smile, and suggest they try coffee bean.

it was pretty awesome.