Friday, June 20, 2008

Warning: This Post is About Poop

I am proud to announce that Rory has been wearing his big boy underpants now for five days in a row. FIVE FABULOUS DAYS! This is pretty amazing considering the fact that I was utterly convinced my son would NEVER be potty trained, and that I would be sending him off to college some day with a duffel bag full of diapers.

He's had the pee part of things down for quite some time now, but pooping was a whole different ball game. He outright REFUSED to poop in a toilet. He would tinkle in the toilet all day long without a hitch, but when it was time to do the big "P", he would come and beg for a diaper. And I mean BEG - crying, pleading, throwing himself on the floor like he was going to die - that kind of begging. And no amount of bribary would make him budge. Jelly beans, water balloons, lollipops, promises of toys galore - nothing worked. The furthest I could get with him on a regular basis was to have him sit on the pot IN HIS DIAPER and poop. How silly is that?

But finally, FINALLY, today, he pooped on the toilet ALL BY HIMSELF - and prepare yourself, because here is the picture to prove it:

thepoop

Way to go, Ro!

2 comments:

Allison said...

boys and their poop....they are always so proud!

Now to master the wipe, I have not so fond memories of a poop covered boy, toliet and sink....horrible just horrible!

But horray for Rory!!!!

Unknown said...

I love your blog! The places in the pictures are so beautiful! And your son looks like he has gread guitar techniques! Should he keep up the good work, I would be proud to let him join my air-guitar band, sans the guitar!