Wednesday, August 13, 2008

The Monstrosity

For months, Rory had been getting up in the middle of the night and coming into bed with us. And while my darling husband rarely even noticed the middle of the night intrusions (once Hoby is out, he's O-U-T!), I would spend the rest of the night battling my boys for real estate on our queen sized bed. I would wake up in the morning, just barely still clinging to the edge of the mattress or curled up in fetal position at the foot of the bed, and needless to say, I would feel like I hadn't slept a wink. I was NOT a happy mama.

So in an effort to take my bed back, "we" decided it was time to get Rory out of his tiny toddler bed and into a bed of his very own. A bed that he could roll all over during the night and not fall out of. A bed that would entice him to stay in his own room ALL NIGHT LONG.

And so we are now the proud owners of this gigantic bunk bed (thanks to craigslist!) that takes up almost his entire room, which we have fondly started referring to as "The Monstrosity":

the bunkbed

But you know what? It WORKED!!! And you are now looking at one happy, WELL RESTED mama...and it certainly doesn't hurt that the kid is pretty darn happy, too.

mama and ro

uponbed

highschoolmusical

No comments: