Friday, July 30, 2004

It's Got To Get Better Than This!

I don't know how I'm dragging myself to work each day. I literally cry all the way to the office(which is preferable to throwing up the whole way I guess), and once I'm there, all I can think about is how much I want to go home and sleep and puke in peace. Luckily my boss is pretty sympathetic because she had a rough pregnancy a few years ago, so she's been really cool. I don't even think she'd mind if I just went home, which I'm seriously considering doing.

I'm really glad that we told my parents this weekend, because that means I can call my mommy and complain about how sick I feel, which is really kinda nice. My parents were totally flabbergasted, by the way. You should have seen the confusion on their faces when they opened the picture frames we got them that said "Grandparents" on them. They were like, did you give this to the wrong person or what? But then my mom suddenly got it and she screamed, "Are you pregnant? Oh my Gawd!" You could tell she was thrilled. Strangely enough, my dad's first word's were "oh no...", which sort of threw me at first, but then he got this big silly grin on his face and I knew he was really happy. My parents were made to be grandparents - so even though it's going to be hard for them to come to terms with being called grandma and grandpa because it makes them feel old, they're gonna love it. I know my mom is going to enjoy the next 7 months and all the planning that we have to do. She thrives on that kind of thing. She's probably already dreaming of nurseries and baby names.

I just wish I could stop feeling so sick so I could enjoy it, too.






No comments: