Friday, July 15, 2005

A Blast From the Past

Wendy, a friend of mine from Disney Cruise Lines who I haven’t seen for at least five years, came to visit today. She was one of the inaugural crew members with me on the Disney Magic back in 1998 when Disney first rolled out their new cruise line. There were sixty of us in my department that spent almost every waking minute together for three months while training and preparing to launch the brand new ship – in Orlando and in Italy - and then once the ship finally got off the ground, we all worked our butts off to try and make it smooth sailing. What crazy days those were! And even though I eventually got tired of being perpetually perky for Disney and moved on, I’ve always looked back on that experience as one of the great ones of my life. I’ve often wondered if I’ll ever do anything else that will top that.

ship

No comments: