Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Feeling Like Gumby

This past week has been absolutely nuts. Between trying to learn my job at The Mother of All Coffee Houses, preparing for the big move to our new house, and taking care of Rory, sometimes I felt like my mind and body were being pulled in a million different directions. Now that we’ve finally moved and we’re getting somewhat settled into our new home, I’m desperately hoping that I’m able to relax a bit and start enjoying things again.

It certainly hasn’t been helping matters that my job is not going well. My training STILL hasn’t been completed and as frustrating as that is to me, it’s even more frustrating to the poor people who are scheduled to work with me. No one likes to work with the person who can’t pull his or her weight on the job – and I hate knowing that person is me. Yes, I realize that it’s not my fault and I also realize that it’s bound to get better with time, but right now I absolutely dread going to work. And to think that I was expecting it to be a fairly easy job, one that I would look forward to because it would mean a small break from being a mommy during the week and a little bit of socializing. Boy, was I wrong! Never in a million years would I have imagined that working at the Mother of All Coffee Houses would be such a royal pain in the ass!

No comments: