Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Wouldn't You Know It...

Hoby and I bought tickets to a concert a few months ago (sorry I can't say what concert it is because Hoby would kill me) and like most new parents, we were really looking forward to having a big night out on our own for the first time without Rory. We were going to go out for a romantic dinner, go to the concert and then have a WHOLE night to ourselves for blissfully, uninterrupted sleep. I had to ask for the night off weeks ahead of time from work, and we started preparing Rory for his first sleep over at his grandparent's house.

Yesterday was the big day, so I got up early and started getting all of Rory's things together to take to my parent's house - his hammock, extra clothes and bibs, his baby food, bottles, extra pacifiers, his favorite toys, his Baby Einstein DVD, his teddy bear, the list goes on and on. If you're a parent, you know how it is. You have to take EVERYTHING and then some.

So we get to my folks house and spend a few hours hanging out so we wouldn't just be dropping Rory off and leaving him. Right before we were going to leave for the evening, Hoby decided to check the concert website for directions. Here's what he found:

"Tonight's concert is postponed due to illness. A rescheduled date will be posted as soon as it is available."

Do we have the BEST luck or what?!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Blogging for the nontechnical
When I hear about computing's latest and greatest, my reflex is to turn away. I recall my first experiences with computers: arcane commands, lost files and, later, the blue screen of death, offering such cheery ...
this is the best thing about marketing that I have ever seen!
go over to;
www.eBizBriefcase.com

nathan stryker said...

wow, you're brave doing an all nighter so soon. our five year anniversary is in november; i'm having to really push lisa to get her to stay just one night away from quinn...i'd like two nights (it is an important anniversary), but she's not having it.

cynthia said...

hahahha, it was kelly clarkson!