Monday, February 04, 2008

Bedtime Battleground

I'm beginning to seriously question our decision to take Rory out of his crib and put him into a bed. And I mean SERIOUSLY. We had finally gotten into a decent routine where we could put him down to sleep in his crib with a kiss and then walk away without a fuss (and trust me, it took us quite awhile to get there - just read some of my old blog posts!). Now I feel like we're all the way back at square one, having to lay down with him, not just to get him to go to sleep , but to get him just to STAY IN HIS BED. He's decided that it's a game to get up and sneak out to find us, and no amount of threatening or following through with punishment seems to be helping. It's been taking me an entire hour to get him to go down for his naps - and it's a constant battle just to keep him laying down. And once he finally dozes off, I have to hold my breath, tip-toe out of the room, and pray that the floor doesn't squeak - because if he hears me leaving, well, all hell breaks loose.

Arrrgh! This sucks.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Been there, done that! They should seriously offer a support group for parents in the middle of big bed training. When we transitioned Alexandra, we used the baby video monitor and got some great laughs out of it...She just couldn't figure out how we knew she was beginning to sneak out!