Thursday, February 14, 2008

The End of an Era

Today was my last day at the Mother of All Coffee Houses. This day had such huge significance for me, and yet, to everyone else getting coffee, it was just another average day. Definitely a weird feeling. But everytime I would start to get a twinge of regret of leaving, an obnoxious customer would come in, almost as if on cue, and I'd mentally pat myself on the back and think, thank God I won't have to deal with this CRAP anymore!

- I had a woman practically throw a TANTRUM because we didn't put the sleeve on her cup for her - she actually demanded that her drink be free because of it!

- A man THREW his wadded up cash at me while talking on his cell phone, and then proceeded to hold up the line because he hadn't paid me enough and I couldn't get his attention.

- And my very LAST customer was a guy who accused me of trying to rob him because he thought he gave me a twenty but actually gave me a ten. He didn't believe me so he kept demanding his change. What a pain in the ass!

But then my darling husband showed up with flowers, and after I clocked out for the last time, he swept me off to dinner to celebrate the end of an era.

And the beginning of a new one.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on ending an era, you mad eth emost of it and all the stories were great. Till the next set of stories - Wendy

Anonymous said...

Congrats! So, the big question is, will you still go get your lattes at the mother of all coffee houses? Or, will you be buying from a competitor now? :) Enjoy your time at home with your little one!