Sunday, February 10, 2008

Let the Countdown Begin...

For those of you who might not know, this will be my last week at The Mother of All Coffee Houses. Since I'm still making less than ten dollars an hour, even after almost three years (THREE YEARS!) and Hoby will now have health benefits with his job, it just didn't seem logical for me to stay any longer.

People keep asking me if I'm going to miss working there, and most of the time, the answer is yes. But just when I begin to second guess my decision to leave, something like THIS happens:

- a lady actually demands that I remake her latte because her name is spelled wrong on her cup.

- a man comes and takes his tip back from the tip jar because we didn't put the sleeve on his cup for him (even though they are right there on the counter for people to put on themselves...)

- while I am sweeping the crumbs off the floor, a woman says to me, "Take your broom somewhere else. Not only are you being rude, but you are bothering my allergies!" and because I only have one more week to go I actually tell her, "Only if you say PLEASE."

Hmmm, will I miss it???

1 comment:

Jared B said...

Cool! I'm happy for you, but I'll miss the coffee stories too...