Sunday, August 21, 2005

The First Night of the Rest of Our Lives

Rory has been sleeping so well in his new hammock that we decided it was time to finally make "The Big Move". So I just put Rory to bed in his OWN ROOM for the first time ever.

And while I should be jumping for joy, I have to admit that I'm not feeling the huge rush of freedom that I was expecting to. Yes, I'm excited that we can now make all the noise we want to in our bedroom and we won't have to worry about waking up a sleeping baby (Hoby is EXTRA stoked about this for obvious reasons - wink,wink). But all of a sudden, I've realized that I'm going to miss the reassuring sound of Rory's breathing all night long and the cute little sighs that he makes as he snuggles in his bed. I've liked knowing that he was right there, "just in case", and even though he's going to be right down the hall, I know he's going to feel far away tonight.

Perhaps he won't even notice a difference? I guess we'll see.

Here's to getting through another parental milestone...

No comments: