Monday, August 01, 2005

The Most Obnoxious High Chair Ever

Rory has finally reached a major milestone in his young life - he has begun to eat solid food. Actually, the word "solid" might be a bit exaggerated, because it definitely looks more like mush to me, but since it's being eaten with a little spoon, I guess that qualifies as a solid in the world of babies. Of course, this big step in his life required buying some new baby equipment (I swear we are single handedly keeping Babies R Us in business) so off we went to buy a high chair, some plastic bowls, and some spoons.

But we couldn't just buy ANY old high chair - NO SIREE! It had to have toys attached that Rory can't throw over the side, a musical attachment that has little fish swimming around in it, removeable trays that go in the dishwasher, wheels so we can roll him around the room, and don't forget 3 reclining positions and a 5 point harness. And that's not EVERYTHING, trust me, but the more I write the more ridiculous I feel for buying the darn thing. It even LOOKS obnoxious, doesn't it?

First Solid Food Feeding


My kid better love this thing.

1 comment:

nathan stryker said...

how do you feed the fish?