Tuesday, June 21, 2005

My First Day Aboard the Mothership

As I've mentioned before, I recently took a job at the Mothership of all Coffee Houses, Starbucks. Well, yesterday I had my first real day of work and let me tell you, being a barista is not as easy as it looks! Of course, I just had to go and work at one of the busiest Starbucks in the area - there is practically a line out the door at any given moment - so you have to really know what you're doing and be able to do it fast. And after being home with a baby for the past three and a half months, I'm afraid that my brain is no longer capable of working quickly. I found this out the hard way when they threw me into the Frappiccino blending station and basically gave me a trial by fire. Let me tell ya, it wasn't pretty.

I'm sure that once I have the drink recipies down and I can do my job on autopilot, things will be a piece of cake. After all, it's not rocket science - it's just making coffee, right? How hard can that possibly be? But right now, I'm dreading going to work and feeling like a complete idiot again. I just have to keep reminding myself that I'm doing this for my family. And who can resist these two?

Chillin' with Dada

No comments: